One to One’s offloading
Purpose: To engage with team members privately whilst capturing & gathering continuous feedback. Individuals are given the opportunity to offload, allowing for honest responses. Value will arise from proposing necessary actions.Download PDF
5 Golden Rules
- Listen first
- Ensure previous 1 to 1 action are discussed
- Focus on Person not Performance
- Be positive, always
- Document actions for future 1 to 1’s
Tone of Voice: Viewed as a natural & friendly conversation with an employee – questions are to be open ended to elicit information both known/unknown.
Additional Information: The One-To-One should take between 15-30 minutes.
- Anything less: Insights may not be deep enough to create
- Too long: Insights are bordering excessive; the conversation may pull away from the relevant goal
Tip: Try and stay clear around hearsay & gossip lead conversations
Q) How are things going?*The question above could trigger a series of responses, however keeping with the purpose, it should allow the individual a chance to offload. The questions below provide guidance for this – acting as prompts for the management team.
- Are you getting enough from us?
- Are you struggling with anything?
- How’s your work/life balance?
Q) I can see on Tribe365 – from your daily’s you are top in ‘…………’ & ‘…………’ – – Great Job! – Things are looking positive; we’ll reflect on this next week.
Final Points: I have documented the main areas, next week – we can reflect on them.